sabato 3 gennaio 2015

My (vespa) origins: Vespa 50 R

Pertegada (North-East of Italy), Spring 2004. Massimin asked me if I wanted his Vespa, a blue “blu marine” 50R (1980). He bought a Vespa P200E and he did not want to see the little 50R parked in the garage. In Italy, classic 50 cc scooters have a limit of 45 km/h and they can not drive passenger: quite restrictive rules if you want to drive your Vespa outside your city and, perhaps, with your girlfriend on your back. Cica, Gatto, Michele and Paolo already had a Vespa and so I had a chance to join their little “club”. Paolo and Cica said they would fix the engine, to reach a good speed to join them to Vespa rallies. So, almost 10 years ago, I started to love the Vespa and all the surroundings (trips, meetings, new friends, …) and now I am starting this blog. Massimin drove this Vespa mainly in the ‘80s and in the ‘90s, the 50R allowed him to appear driving the more expensive Vespa 125 cc primavera. The Vespa 50R drove me up to late 2011, when I decided to leave it to my little cousins of Trieste. As Massimin did in 2004, I preferred to go on driving the other Vespa I had (a VNB from the ‘60s and a FL2 125 cc, 1995). I have also to start fixing a Vespa 50 Special (1980), that is waiting for me in the attic since ages… I spent such a good time on it, from celebration of the 2006 World Cup up to the hill of the Zoncolan mountain (1750 m), passing from Vespa meetings in the North-West of Italy to many parties in Lignano Sabbiadoro during the fabulous Italian summers.

In the picture, from the left: Me on Vespa 50R, Michele, Patric, Gatto, the Patric’s Vespa TS, Cica and Paolo, close to the Michele’s Vespa ET3 primavera. We were on the hill of Zoncolan mountain, summer 2011 (probably)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento