venerdì 3 aprile 2015

Goodbye Severina!

Spring 2012: the warmest summer of the last 10 years was arriving. At that time I had only my 50R and I wanted a 125cc vespa, mainly because I needed to host also a passenger (=my girlfriend Alessia). I needed also a quite “common” vespa, I was living in Trieste and, having no box, I had to leave it between many scooters in a public parking area. I did not want to buy a old, classic-vespa and hence leave it in a public place, under the rain, with the strong wind of Trieste and… under the eyes of thieves. I started to look for a PX, but actually it is quite difficult to find a good vespaPX, in good conditions, for less than 1800 EUR… Then I bought a FL2, almost a PK, one of the last vespa with gears that Piaggio created. My friends at the beginning said I bought a crap, but then they said I did well in buying it, being ready to drive (vespas sometime need to be fixed when you buy them…). My friends called it “Severina”, because in a comic movie of the ‘80s a character called “Severino” had a similar vespa. Have a look at http://goo.gl/T0CzgM . During these years, the Severina has been always very reliable, I drove it for thousand of km with no need of particular maintenance, even going to the Vespa World Days in Mantova. Now I am leaving in a smaller town and… I have a box and my old VNB (my grandpa bought it in the ‘60s) wants to be driven again. So, I decided to sell my Severina to one of my best friend, Simone. He lives in Lignano and I am sure he will take care of it. Well, I hope this was the right choice, otherwise I will say to Simone to sell it back :) and... I hope to have the same sunny days of 2012 and hence to drive for many km also the old VNB!

In the picture, from the left: Gatto (Vespa Sprint), Patric (Vespa TS), and me (on Serverina) @Vespa World Days, June 2014, Mantova

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento